All Content Copyright emyvale.net
Breakfast for the Alzheimers Centre: On Sunday morning, March 10th, a Breakfast Morning was held in Drumkill Centre, Threemilehouse, to raise funds for the provision of a service for those suffering from this terrible ailment, which seems to be increasing in numbers with each year. Once again volunteers and the generosity of people is called on to provide a service, which should be part of our Health Services, but in this case the authorities fund 60% of the runnng costs leaving a 40% gap to be fillied by donations. Everyone who has been in contact with a person with alzheimers, know the difficulties involved in care and so we are full of admiration for those who work in places like Drumkill Daycare Centre and like to support such a good cause. It was terrific to see Monaghan County Board of the GAA, the Senior team members and the Senior team Management turn up at Drumkill on Sunday last. Indeed they were not there for the Breakfast as they were going on to Training session. The players and management were well represented and Michael  McMahon and Brendan Casey represented the Board. Manager of the Daycare Centre, Martina Duffy, thanked the players and officials for their support for the Centre and gave a brief run-down of the work that goes on there. In reply Michael O praised the Centre, its carers and volunteers and said he was delighted that Monaghan GAA is giving support to that work and Brendan Casey then presented a generous donation to the Centre from Monaghan GAA. The crowds continued to come and donate until the afternoon and we hope that the funs raised will help maintain the service in the coming weeks.
All Content Copyright emyvale.net
Breakfast for the Alzheimers Centre: On Sunday morning, March 10th, a Breakfast Morning was held in Drumkill Centre, Threemilehouse, to raise funds for the provision of a service for those suffering from this terrible ailment, which seems to be increasing in numbers with each year. Once again volunteers and the generosity of people is called on to provide a service, which should be part of our Health Services, but in this case the authorities fund 60% of the runnng costs leaving a 40% gap to be fillied by donations. Everyone who has been in contact with a person with alzheimers, know the difficulties involved in care and so we are full of admiration for those who work in places like Drumkill Daycare Centre and like to support such a good cause. It was terrific to see Monaghan County Board of the GAA, the Senior team members and the Senior team Management turn up at Drumkill on Sunday last. Indeed they were not there for the Breakfast as they were going on to Training session. The players and management were well represented and Michael  McMahon and Brendan Casey represented the Board. Manager of the Daycare Centre, Martina Duffy, thanked the players and officials for their support for the Centre and gave a brief run-down of the work that goes on there. In reply Michael O praised the Centre, its carers and volunteers and said he was delighted that Monaghan GAA is giving support to that work and Brendan Casey then presented a generous donation to the Centre from Monaghan GAA. The crowds continued to come and donate until the afternoon and we hope that the funs raised will help maintain the service in the coming weeks.
Navigation Menu Navigation Menu